How To Care For Your Darcy Leotards
We want your Darcy garment to look as good as new for as long as possible' however like every high performance item (particularly with novelty foils and light/dark colour combinations and ombre fabrics) it needs and deserves some special love and care. Simply follow these Do's and Dont's immediately after each wearing and your Darcy garment will continue to look fabulous!
- DO Hand wash ONLY
- DO wash separately
- DO turn your garment inside out before every wash
- DO only use a small amount of mild hand wash detergent
- DO dry immediately
- DO NOT Machine wash
- DO NOT use bleach, or use detergents or fabric conditioner - many of the common machine wash detergents are too harsh and will make colours run or metallics fade. To much detergent can have the same effect so always follow manufacturers instructions on the dilution of detergents and NEVER pour directly onto the garment.
- DO NOT wring, scrub, tumble dry or iron.
- DO NOT leave to soak
- DO NOT leave wet or radiator dry.
Metallic/foiled fabrics may dull with wear and repeated washing. Areas that incur friction or are in contact with perspiration or deodorant may show some loss of foil. We recommend you choose these leotards for occasional competition use. If your garment contains sensitive colour combinations i.e. both dark and light colours, always wash in a large volume of water to prevent colour bleeding. Remove IMMEDIATELY to dry.
Washing instructions can be found on all our garment labels. All our leotards are made from special and delicate fabrics and should be cared for accordingly. We will not be held responsible for garments returned to us that have not been washed following these instructions.
Please note that sublimated fabrics are delicate and are susceptible to "pilling" in areas when they come in contact with rough surfaces particularly Velcro and repetitive movements. Please make sure you take extra care with this fabric and wash your leotard inside out to avoid abrasions with other materials. Please don not rub or scrub when washing. Due to the delicate nature of this fabric this is unfortunately something we are unable to avoid. Darcy leotards therefore will not be responsible for repairing or replacing any leotards which may be affected by this issue.